Chaos Creation Academy
Hi. Welcome to CCDA.
Please Make sure to register and log in to the chatbox.
Have Fun and Enjoy your stay.
Thanks,
Administration Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaos Creation Academy
Hi. Welcome to CCDA.
Please Make sure to register and log in to the chatbox.
Have Fun and Enjoy your stay.
Thanks,
Administration Team
Chaos Creation Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun place to become a better duelist and make some mayhem.

COTW : Shooting Quasar Dragon
To see text:CLICK HERE
Latest topics
» warwolf's test results
20 card extra deck or naw? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:52 pm by Draygun

» Which of the Original Monarchs is the best?
20 card extra deck or naw? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:45 pm by Draygun

» recruiting tips
20 card extra deck or naw? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 9:48 am by Knight of the beginning

» ChaoticBlade498s results
20 card extra deck or naw? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 8:53 am by Draygun

» Favorite Pokemon of each Type?
20 card extra deck or naw? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 4:36 am by Kenshi_warrior

Top posters
Yata Misaki (183)
20 card extra deck or naw? I_vote_lcap20 card extra deck or naw? I_voting_bar20 card extra deck or naw? I_vote_rcap 
System Admin (155)
20 card extra deck or naw? I_vote_lcap20 card extra deck or naw? I_voting_bar20 card extra deck or naw? I_vote_rcap 
Pain Painter (155)
Knight of the beginning (90)
Kimimaro Yoga (71)
Thegreatchubz (59)
Diabolic XIII (55)
Kakashi Hatake (52)
Mikoto Suoh (49)
Shadow Direwolf (41)

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 359 registered users
The newest registered user is Absent

Our users have posted a total of 1525 messages in 417 subjects
All rights of the banners, logos, and Graphics for CCDA are works of Pain Painters Industry.

You are not connected. Please login or register

20 card extra deck or naw?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

120 card extra deck or naw? Empty 20 card extra deck or naw? Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:56 pm

YungTrapCardLord

YungTrapCardLord

Ok here's an interesting topic to talk about, should the extra deck be back at 20? Now I personally lean both ways on this one because for a deck like synchron quasar 20 cards in my extra would be really nice. But heres the thing, in todays game (almost)anything can run an extra because of a little thing called xyz and I really wouldn't want my opponent to have the space for 5 more generic xyz monsters that can rekt me.

220 card extra deck or naw? Empty Re: 20 card extra deck or naw? Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:54 am

Shadow Direwolf

Shadow Direwolf

Personally, I think they should reduce the number of cards in the extra deck. I think that Yugioh has strayed from the original game because of SO MANY EXTRA DECK MONSTERS. If it were reduced, it would force the player to reconsider what cards they put in there so that they focused on a specific strategy, as opposed to using a ton of support cards that allow them to respond to almost anything. It would greatly reduce the speed of the game, allow for a more "strategerical" card game, as opposed to the clusterf**k of FTKs, OTKs, and First-turn Triple Quasar that it has become today.

https://musescore.com/user/156701

320 card extra deck or naw? Empty Re: 20 card extra deck or naw? Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:43 pm

Knight of the beginning

Knight of the beginning
Destructive Yellow teacher
Destructive Yellow teacher

no more triple shaddoll spam! but i like it as it is

420 card extra deck or naw? Empty Re: 20 card extra deck or naw? Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:41 am

Kakashi Hatake

Kakashi Hatake

Tbh i want it to be at 20 because it would help my morphtronic deck a lot. Coz i could hardly fit any extra (extra deck monsters that i might need in it.

520 card extra deck or naw? Empty Re: 20 card extra deck or naw? Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:11 am

Mikoto Suoh

Mikoto Suoh

Personally it would benifit my chaos shaddolls as well

620 card extra deck or naw? Empty Re: 20 card extra deck or naw? Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:56 pm

Shadow Direwolf

Shadow Direwolf

What you guys are saying is something that would help out your own decks, but what I'm thinking about is from a game balance perspective. I think that increasing the Extra Deck size would completely destroy the current balance of the game. The current number is good, because it allows players to have a bit of leeway with their picks for their extra deck, getting the cards they need for their deck, as well as some extra cards for support. If they reduced it to 10, I think that it would force players to consider their choices of monsters for their extra deck more carefully, making it more important to use unique cards that fit their deck better, as opposed to filling their Extra Deck with staples (e.g. Stardust, Blackrose, Utopia, Maestroke, etc.). I think that it would just create more of a tactical game.

To elaborate more, I think that if they increase the number of extra deck cards, every deck will be focusing on spamming everything they can in the Extra Deck. More Chaos variants of decks such as Shaddolls, Zexal Weapons, or even the ressurection of the Elemental Heroes and Gem-Knights. The entire meta of the game will become "Who has the better Extra Spam Deck?" Everything will either be focused on spamming the field with Extra Monsters, or keeping people from spamming the field with them.

Last edited by Shadow Direwolf on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Another thought popped into my head after originally writing this.)

https://musescore.com/user/156701

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum