Chaos Creation Academy
Hi. Welcome to CCDA.
Please Make sure to register and log in to the chatbox.
Have Fun and Enjoy your stay.
Thanks,
Administration Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaos Creation Academy
Hi. Welcome to CCDA.
Please Make sure to register and log in to the chatbox.
Have Fun and Enjoy your stay.
Thanks,
Administration Team
Chaos Creation Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun place to become a better duelist and make some mayhem.

COTW : Shooting Quasar Dragon
To see text:CLICK HERE
Latest topics
» warwolf's test results
Should the new Monarchs be banned? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:52 pm by Draygun

» Which of the Original Monarchs is the best?
Should the new Monarchs be banned? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:45 pm by Draygun

» recruiting tips
Should the new Monarchs be banned? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 9:48 am by Knight of the beginning

» ChaoticBlade498s results
Should the new Monarchs be banned? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 8:53 am by Draygun

» Favorite Pokemon of each Type?
Should the new Monarchs be banned? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 4:36 am by Kenshi_warrior

Top posters
Yata Misaki (183)
Should the new Monarchs be banned? I_vote_lcapShould the new Monarchs be banned? I_voting_barShould the new Monarchs be banned? I_vote_rcap 
System Admin (155)
Should the new Monarchs be banned? I_vote_lcapShould the new Monarchs be banned? I_voting_barShould the new Monarchs be banned? I_vote_rcap 
Pain Painter (155)
Knight of the beginning (90)
Kimimaro Yoga (71)
Thegreatchubz (59)
Diabolic XIII (55)
Kakashi Hatake (52)
Mikoto Suoh (49)
Shadow Direwolf (41)

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 359 registered users
The newest registered user is Absent

Our users have posted a total of 1525 messages in 417 subjects
All rights of the banners, logos, and Graphics for CCDA are works of Pain Painters Industry.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should the new Monarchs be banned?

2 posters

What do you think should happen to the new Monarch Support?

Should the new Monarchs be banned? I_vote_lcap0%Should the new Monarchs be banned? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Should the new Monarchs be banned? I_vote_lcap0%Should the new Monarchs be banned? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Should the new Monarchs be banned? Empty Should the new Monarchs be banned? Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:52 pm

Shadow Direwolf

Shadow Direwolf

These new cards in the Monarch Archetype include (but are not limited to):

• The Original Monarch

• Pandeity Monarchs

• The Dominion of the Legendary Monarch

• Aither the Heaven Monarch

• Erebus the Netherworld Monarch

• Idea the Heaven Knight

• Eidos the Netherworld Knight

These new cards have completely destroyed the balance of the game, allowing you to go crazy with Exodia decks, OTK/FTK decks, completely destroying the opponents Extra Deck, etc., etc., etc., the list goes on!

Overall, do you think that Konami should put all of the new Monarch Support on the banlist? Do you think that only some of the cards should be banned? Do you think that they should be Limited or at least Semi-Limited? Do you think that they should stay as they are at 3 Maximum Copies?

I want to hear your guys's opinions on the matter! Don't be afraid to post it in response! I'd be glad to fight your guys's opinions... Twisted Evil

Last edited by Shadow Direwolf on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Make it look nicer :))

https://musescore.com/user/156701

2Should the new Monarchs be banned? Empty Re: Should the new Monarchs be banned? Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:57 pm

Kimimaro Yoga

Kimimaro Yoga

No are u crazy I main monarchs, they're good imo enough to be tier 1 but not enough to be be one of the top decks, plus it can't do shit to Nekroz, cuz all they're cards are in main deck. Getting rid of Idea or Eidos or both may be a problem but I don't think it will completely murder the deck now. We have cards to do extra summons or we could just set up and just summon Aither next turn. The list goes on. But still don't fuck with us, especially our spells

3Should the new Monarchs be banned? Empty Re: Should the new Monarchs be banned? Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:31 pm

Shadow Direwolf

Shadow Direwolf

Ok, I may have over-exaggerated the "destroyed the balance of the game" part of it, but it still is pretty up there with broken combos. And yes, I understand that Nekroz is pretty up there as well. Here's the kicker, do you see the sheer NUMBER of combos and playstyles that Monarchs have? Compared to Nekroz, they have a couple plays, sure, but their repertoire isn't nearly as expansive as that Monarchs. You could side in your cards and play a completely different during the second duel! Finally, Nekroz is all special summons, which have cards to fight against. However, there are very few cards that can negate normal summons. Solemn Warning is one of the few. You also have cards that destroy the monsters when they're summoned, like Bottomless Trap Hole, but by that point, their effect has already been triggered, meaning you're SOL. They already either sent your cards to the top of your deck (Raiza), or banished them and dealt 1000 damage (Caius)!

That's why I think your argument of Nekroz being better and/or more powerful than the Monarchs is irrelevant.

P.S. (I LOVE having these debates and being able to argue with you guys! Keep 'em coming!)

4Should the new Monarchs be banned? Empty Re: Should the new Monarchs be banned? Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:42 pm

Kimimaro Yoga

Kimimaro Yoga

I know my argument of Nekroz was irrelevant xD. But either way relying on just ss is actually what makes a lot of these decks strong nowadays. Shaddol used to be number because it was able to punish ss. So you may say that our normal cannot be stopped but the only reason why they were tier 2 before is cuz of stun cards like stormforth but now was have cards that actually ss , Idea, Eidos, Original which are pretty much used in a lot of combos so shutting that down would basically force use to going to back stormforth and summon.

5Should the new Monarchs be banned? Empty Re: Should the new Monarchs be banned? Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:48 pm

Shadow Direwolf

Shadow Direwolf

That makes sense, that does prevent a lot of combos from being started if you stop the main cards like Idea, Eidos, and Original. But at the same time, go back to the crazy combos you can get FIRST TURN. There will be no stopping the combos on the first turn. If you go first, you basically have stopped your opponent from making any plays on their turn unless they happen to run across a monster stronger than 2800 Atk. There are very few decks that can do that first turn, and even then, they have to have the right cards in their hand to do so. Even if you go second as Monarchs, you have the ability to completely stop your opponent in their tracks with cards like Mega Raiza or Mega Caius. They remove cards from the field (specifically monsters in this case), and prevent your opponent's defense from meaning anything. There are so many ways that Monarchs can take control of the situation, even from an opponent's amazing first turn setup.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum